Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A layered enchilada. Easy to make and easy to adjust to individual tastes.
- 1 (15 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (optional)
- 12 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups diced chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Combine enchilada sauce and sour cream in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese has melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
- Spread approximately 1/2 cup enchilada sauce mixture on the bottom of prepared baking dish. Layer with 4 tortillas, 1 cup enchilada sauce mixture, 1 cup chicken and 2 cup cheese sauce. Repeat layers, then top with remaining tortillas, enchilada sauce mixture and chhese sauce. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Uncover;let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.