Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I could eat this every day! This is a recipe I've modified from a former student's parent. We have it for dinner w/rice and a salad, but I also make it frequently as an appetizer to take to parties. It's even better the next day leftover. You can spice it up or use all mild ingredients for those who don't care for spicy foods. I use medium salsa and enchilada sauce, which gives it a little kick, but not too much. Enjoy!
- 4 -6 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into chunks or cubes
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (19 ounce) can mild enchilada sauce (I use one 10 oz. can of mild and one 10 oz. can of hot)
- 1 (15 ounce) jar mild salsa or 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced black olives (optional)
- 1⁄2 can chopped green chili (mild) (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb grated monterey jack cheese (or substitute a Mexican cheese blend for both)
- Either poach chicken, or for extra flavor, cut it in cubes and cook it in a little oil; season w/cumin, black pepper, chili powder and some minced garlic.
- Combine all ingredients except cheese in a large saucepan and heat through over medium heat.
- Place half the chicken mixture in an ungreased 9 x 12 pan, then half the cheese, then the rest of the chicken mixture, then rest of cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice for a yummy dinner or with tortilla chips for dipping.
- Dip will thicken as it cools.
Wow! 10 Stars for this one. I made 1/2 the recipe, which filled a 9x9 casserole! 16 people gorged themselves. I made an inadverent mistake and added a small can of diced Jalapenos instead of diced Chilis. (had no idea how I even bought those.) They all, said it was a wonderful mistake! We decided this could also be made with canned chicken or even crawfish. Thanks for this great recipe. I think our whole city will be serving this a LOT.
This was super simple. I served it as a dip at a party and everyone keeps asking me for the recipe. One of the guests had kids and even the kids ate all they could. This is fantastic.
This recipe was very easy to make! I did it as a dip for a tailgate party, and everybody loved it. I spiced the chicken with salt, pepper & cilantro, and cooked it in olive oil. It was very tasty!