Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
For some reason I just love this dip. I usually have a little leftover chicken from dinner. I chop it and freeze it just for this dip. In a pinch you could use the already cooked chicken strips from the grocery store, but that could get very expensive. You can also double this for a party and use a 13 x9 pan instead of the pie plate. I keep meaning to make enchiladas out of this filling to see how it goes, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese, divided
- 1 (7 ounce) canchopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, finely chopped
- tortilla chips, heavier the better
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, chilies and seasonings in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in chicken.
- SPREAD into 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- BAKE 20 to 30 minutes or until dip is heated through, and cheese is melted and just slightly browned at edges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
WOW! This is delish. I used lowfat cream cheese/cheddar cheese. I also used the precooked, pre-cut grocery chicken since I had some on hand. I finely chopped it using my food processor. I added in a little cumin and used a little less cheese and green chilies, but this was STILL perfect! I will be making this again and again, even for company or potlucks. It's THAT good! :-D I am going to try the rest of it in enchiladas too, what a great idea - thanks for sharing this one!
Made this recipe off of the kraft website. This is the best dip ever!DELICIOUS!
I can't believe I forgot to rate this!! I made it a couple of months ago for a couple of friends and I to have with some wine. We absolutely loved it!! I had to give them the recipe. My DH loved it, too. I'm making it again tomorrow for a family get together and will have to double it! Thanks for posting!