For some reason I just love this dip. I usually have a little leftover chicken from dinner. I chop it and freeze it just for this dip. In a pinch you could use the already cooked chicken strips from the grocery store, but that could get very expensive. You can also double this for a party and use a 13 x9 pan instead of the pie plate. I keep meaning to make enchiladas out of this filling to see how it goes, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of the shredded cheese, chilies and seasonings in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in chicken.
- SPREAD into 9-inch pie plate.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup shredded cheese.
- BAKE 20 to 30 minutes or until dip is heated through, and cheese is melted and just slightly browned at edges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.