Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Ran across this recipe the other day in an old cookbook I have. I put it in the crockpot this morning and I'm posting it here so that I can get the nutritional info. I hope my crew enjoys it, and I hope you do too!!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, pick your own heat level
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Get out a large crockpot.
- Dice onion, celery, and green pepper. Set aside for just a minute or two!
- Pour enchilada sauce, beans and tomatos in crockpot. Add spices and diced veggies. Give it a stir!
- Layer uncooked chicken breasts on top of mixture in crockpot, and season them with a little salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on and turn the crockpot on --
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 4 hours or so.
- Pull the chicken pieces out of the crockpot and pull them apart a little bit if they didn't fall apart enough on their own. Add them back into the crockpot and give it a stir.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a dollap of sour cream and baked Tostitos if you'd like!
- Now EAT!