Top Review by Vicki72
My family loves this recipe! I did make a few changes... the sauce didn't turn out right when I followed the directions the first time, so the next time I just made a paste of the butter and flour, slowly added the broth (just like making gravy), and then when it thickened, I added the cheese. I also added 2 tbsp. of the mild green Tabasco sauce for extra kick! Even my 2 yr old loves it!
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, Chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cubed, cooked
- 2 cups ranch style beans
- 1 cup green chili, chopped
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, Shredded
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350*. Saute onion, pepper and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine onion mixture with chicken, beans, and chilies; set aside.
- Over low heat, combine flour and remaining butter; stir in chicken broth and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Stirring constantly, continue cooking until sauce begins to thicken and boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Dip each tortilla into hot sauce to soften; fill each with 2 heaping tablespoons chicken mixture.
- Roll up.
- Arrange rolls in 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking dish.
- Combine remaining sauce with leftover filling; pour over rolls.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.