Recipe by Lambkyns
Found this on an Ortega website when looking for a way of using up leftover turkey. Great with both chicken and turkey.
Top Review by tweedfamilyof4
I was looking for a gluten free Mexican casserole, and was skeptical. This was wonderful! It's easy to make this one gluten free, just by using certain brands. I was surprised at how much flavor it had. It's a keeper! We added black olives on top to make it even better.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- diced green chilis, to taste
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 2 cups salsa (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet Saute onion, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix
- Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup cheese
- Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted