Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on an Ortega website when looking for a way of using up leftover turkey. Great with both chicken and turkey.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Heat oil in large skillet Saute onion, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken, chiles and seasoning mix
- Layer half of tortillas in prepared baking dish. Top with chicken mixture, beans and 1 cup cheese
- Layer with remaining tortillas. Top with salsa and remaining cheese
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted
I was looking for a gluten free Mexican casserole, and was skeptical. This was wonderful! It's easy to make this one gluten free, just by using certain brands. I was surprised at how much flavor it had. It's a keeper! We added black olives on top to make it even better.
Yum! This is a great recipe and is incredibly easy to make. I used a full 4oz. can of green chiles and used black beans instead of kidney beans. I also used hot salsa, so it was definitely spicy (which us texans like!) I served it was spanish rice and corn. Next time I will probably half the recipe because there's only 2 of us and it definitely made a lot. But we will enjoy the leftovers the next couple of nights! Thanks for sharing!
Very easy and tasty! I used black beans and omitted the onion. Served with sour cream, salsa and guacamole. Yum!