Recipe by Donna
This is truly deicious! A great way to use leftover chicken.
Top Review by Skylar
I made something similar to this recipe the only difference is I used cream of chicken soup and added some taco seasoning instead of the chilies. I think it would also be good with a can of rotel mixed in or enchilada sauce. You can also leave the tortillas whole or in larger pieces. Next time I would remember to spray the bottom first with non-stick. Only took me 25 min to cook. Super easy to put together and yummy!
- 12 corn tortillas
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, cooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Cut tortillas into 1 inch strips and set aside.
- Shred chicken and mix with soup, water, green chilies and onion.
- Line bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with 1/2 the tortilla strips.
- Spread half the chicken/soup mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with half od the cheeses.
- Layer remaining strips and chicken mixture then top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- Garnish with sliced green onion and tomato.