Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
Tuttorosso web recipe cookbook!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) cantuttorosso new world style diced tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 cup tuttorosso new world style tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (6 ounce) package corn tortillas
- 1 (3 7/8 ounce) cansliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- •Preheat oven to 350o F. Option: Cook chicken breast in skillet with small amount of water, until tender; 15 minutes, allow chicken to cool before shredding.
- •Heat oil in a large skillet and add onion; sauté until tender. Add TUTTOROSSO® NEW WORLD STYLE DICED TOMATOES in tomato juice, TUTTOROSSO® TOMATO SAUCE, taco seasoning, garlic powder and parsley; blend together. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- •Place 1/3 of corn tortillas in the bottom of 9x13x2 inch baking dish. Pour 1/3 of meat mixture over tortillas and layer with 1/3 of olives and 1/3 of cheese. Repeat these layers two more times, ending with cheese. Bake uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes.