Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this in an email years ago. I have played with it and tweaked it until everyone that I serve it to loves it. I have 5 kids and 2 very picky eaters. They beg for this meal. My sister is a type 1 diabetic, a super picky eater, and she begs for me to make this as well. Not the prettiest, but ooohhh so good. Play with it and see what you can come up with! Not a fan of chicken? Substitute fried ground beef or left over shredded beef roast.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, boiled then shredded
- 1 (18 ounce) jar salsa (I use chi chi's but use your favorite)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- white corn tortilla chips
- Boil chicken in pan of water.
- Remove chicken from water when done (I pour mine through a colander) place in fridge to cool.
- Preheat over to 350.
- Crush tortilla chips in bag, pour into 8 x 11 baking dish.
- Mix together soups, salsa, and sour cream. (I wipe out the chicken pot and use it to save from dirtying another bowl).
- Shred chicken and mix into soup mixture.
- Mix in cheese.
- Spoon over crush tortilla chips.
- Bake at 350 for one hour.