1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchilada Casserole
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe appears by special request. Creamy chicken and green chilies I use the regular sized tortillas.. not the large ones.I overlap the tortillas to make the layer. I make it up in an oblong serving dish, I think it is about a 9 1/2 inch by 11 inch pan. But any size you would put 1 full cake mix into will work well . I love this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3-4 chicken breasts (or 6 Halves)
- 283.49 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 283.49 g can cream of chicken soup
- 226.79 g can diced green chilies (hot or mild, or a small can of each)
- 283.49 g package cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, diced
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 453.59 g sour cream
- 1Place Chicken in large saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Sprinkle in a handful of oregano,add garlic powder and salt.
- 3Boil about 20 minutes and shred from bones.
- 4Save broth.
- 5Mix soups, sour cream & chiles in large pan.
- 6Add only enough broth to slightly thin.
- 7Re-season as needed.
- 8Simmer on low 15 minutes.
- 9Add chicken and diced onion.
- 10In casserole dish, arrange 6 Tortillas flat across bottom, spoon in 1/2 the sauce, sprinkle 1/2 the cheese.
- 11Repeat- Tortillas, sauce and cheese.
- 12Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.6
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 141.3 mg
- Sodium 1924.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 33.9 g