Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy to make enchilada casserole. My family liked this, and my husband used the leftovers to make a tasty burrito filling.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded or cubed)
- 1 (15 ounce) light red kidney beans
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (19 ounce) canmedium enchilada sauce
- 1 (13 2/3 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup salsa, of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- tortilla chips (I used 'Mission' brand cilantro & lime flavor)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese & tortilla chips. Stir until well-mixed.
- Crumble the tortilla chips and use them to thoroughly cover the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread the chicken mixture across the chips.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheeses.
- Bake approximately 30-45 minutes, or until the casserole is heated through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve with Spanish Rice, Refried Beans, and additional chips if desired.
I left out the kidney beans, used a bag of frozen corn (11 oz), replaced the diced tomatoes with a can of Rotel original, and used some 4 cheese Mexican blend in place of the Monterey Jack. It came out perfectly with just the right amount of heat from the Rotel. Even better with a dollop of sour cream on top. I gave this 5 stars because my husband is a picky eater. He liked it enough to take some to work for lunch which is always a good sign that the recipe is a keeper.
I gave this recipe 3 stars. I made this recipe for Spring 2009 PAC. I wish my batteries had been charged in my camera as this does look yummy! My family thought this was lacking flavor. I didn't like the tortilla chips on the bottom of the pan as they stuck to the bottom and got soggy. When I made this recipe I could only find 15oz cans of corn, 10oz cans of enchilada sauce and 14oz cans of diced tomatoes. I made a few minor changes to the recipe. I used 10 chicken tender strips, added a extra can of kidney beans, I used fire roasted diced tomatoes, I used Colby and Monterey Jack cheese and I used lime tortilla chips. Overall I'll make this again but I'll add more seasoning. Thanks again for posting a good recipe! Christine (internetnut)