A yummy, cheesy way to get all the flavors of a chicken enchilada in one dish! You can also use leftover chicken or turkey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 cup pimento cheese (or shredded cheddar cheese)
- 3 soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red pinto beans, drained
- 2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1Boil chicken, then cube or shred, reserving water.
- 2Mix together cooked chicken, taco seasoning, green chiles and pimento cheese.
- 3Dip one tortilla in reserved water from boiling chicken. Place in the bottom of a greased round, deep casserole dish. (This keeps the tortilla from getting crunchy on the bottom. If you're lucky, your tortilla will fit snugly in the bottom of the dish. If not, tear it into strips.).
- 4Top tortilla with half of the chicken mixture.
- 5Top chicken with half the can of pinto beans.
- 6Top pinto beans with 1/2 cup of cheese.
- 7Repeat layers - soaked tortilla, chicken, beans, cheese.
- 8Top with last tortilla.
- 9Pour can of red enchilada sauce over the top. Poke holes in the tortilla to allow sauce to drizzle down.
- 10Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- 11Bake at 350 for 30 minutes, until bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.8
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 119.8 mg
- Sodium 699.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 39.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red pinto beans