Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This recipe belonged to my Mother-in-law, it was my husband's favorite when he was a kid. It is a little timely, however very good, and my kids like it. I've found that the red enchilada sauce I use (Old El Paso) only comes in a big can here, so if you can find a smaller can, that will be perfect. You always have more sauce than anything. Hope you enjoy this recipe, we have!!
- 1 roasting chicken, boiled
- 1 (14 ounce) can enchilada sauce, I use the red
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -8 ounce milk, I use the tomato sauce can to measure
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Any kind of Cheddar cheese you like, I use mild cheddar
- Frito corn chip
- Boil your chicken.
- In the meantime, add all liquid ingredients, in a large bowl; stir.
- When your chicken is done, debone and shred.
- Layer in a casserole dish as follows-
- A little sauce on bottom, to keep from sticking, Chicken, Frito's, cheese, sauce, Repeat - I usually only have two layers, ending with cheese on top.
- Cover with foil, Bake at 350F or until cheese has melted.
- About 30 minutes.