Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces green chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups grated light cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated light mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
- Cut each tortilla into 6 pieces.
- Saute onion in oil.
- Add chilies, soup and half of the grated cheeses.
- Cook slowly until cheese melts.
- Line a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole with half the tortilla pieces.
- Cover with half the chicken, then half the cheese sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with the remaining grated cheeses.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Needed a quick, tasty dish for a last minute potluck dish--THIS was a HIT...AND was easy to fix