1/4 Photos of Chicken Enchilada Casserole
My mom made this when I was growing up. *Cook time does not include boiling chicken. Can also use a store bought rotisserie chicken cut into bite-size pieces.*
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil chicken, cool and shred into bite-size pieces.
- 2Place chicken, soup, sour cream, green chilies and olives (optional) in a bowl and mix well.
- 3Cut tortillas in ½ or ¼ (your preference) and layer on the bottom of a greased (spray with cooking spray) casserole dish so entire bottom is covered.
- 4Spoon 1/3 mixture on top of tortillas
- 5Top with 2-3 oz shredded cheese (enough to cover chicken mixture).
- 6Repeat tortilla, chicken filling and cheese layers two times
- 7Bake at 350°F until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through; approximately 30-45 minutes.
- 8Note: Depending on the desired thickness of the casserole you can use a 9x13 or 8x8 baking dish.
- 9*This can also be made with corn tortillas however they will be a little chewy*.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.5
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 1149.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 29.6 g