1/1 Photo of Chicken Enchilada Casserole
This is something I made when I was in the mood for enchiladas but didn't want to go to all the trouble, had some leftover chicken to use up, and also wanted a somewhat low-cal but filling dinner. It gets a big thumbs up from my whole family, and the leftovers are usually gone very quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chunky salsa, thick and chunky variety
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (I use low sodium variety)
- 1 cup hominy or 1 cup corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pour 1/2 of the can of enchilada sauce in the bottom of an 11 by 7 inch pan.
- 3Take 6 tortillas and tear or cut 4 of them in half, then dip all of the tortillas (cut and not cut) into the sauce, coating both sides. Arrange the 4 cut tortillas along the edges of the pan, so that the straight cut side faces to the outside, and layering them. Place the two whole tortillas in the center of the pan, to completely cover the bottom of the pan.
- 4Mix together the filling: Chicken, Sour Cream, Salsa, Diced Green Chiles, Pinto beans, Hominy (or corn).
- 5Spread half of the filling over the tortillas in the pan.
- 6Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the cheese over the filling.
- 7Spread the rest of the filling over the cheese.
- 8Tear/cut 4 more tortillas in half and arrange around the edges. Place the last two tortillas over the top to completely cover the filling. Pour and spread the last half of the enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas and sprinkle the last 1/4 cup of cheese over the top.
- 9Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 41.2 mg
- Sodium 750.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 19.9 g