Recipe by NatFree
This is a spicy Mexican-influenced casserole that is easy to make, and fills bellies.
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes (any flavor)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 5 1⁄2 ounces cream of chicken soup (half can)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese
- flour tortilla, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Sautee bell pepper and onion until tender.
- Combine sauteed mixture, both soups and chicken. Mix until combined.
- Add can of Ro-Tel (you can drain some of the juice if you'd like) to mixture; stir until combined.
- Spray/grease bottom of 8x8 (or 9x9) casserole dish.
- Line bottom of dish with tortillas.
- Add layer of chicken mixture. Add thin layer of cheese. Add tortillas layer.
- Repeat layers until mixture is gone; making sure the finishing layer is the last bit of cheese. (I like to use a lot of cheese on top so it's nice an gooey when it comes out of the oven! :).
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until heated thoroughly and the cheese is nicely golden brown and bubbly.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!