Recipe by Southern Lady
Quick & Easy...yet so yummy! Throw together, heat and serve. Beginner Cook friendly. I've made note of substitutions for healthier cooking. Prep time doesn't include cooking chicken.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (NOTE ( low-fat soup, sour cream, broth and cheese work fine)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans green enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 2 1⁄2-5 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies (heat is your preference)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken broth
- 16 ounces white corn tortilla chips
- 8 -16 ounces grated Mexican blend cheese (amount your preference) or 8 -16 ounces cheddar cheese (amount your preference)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 3-4 chicken breats (bone-in), cool and dice or shred, OR.
- use canned chicken.
- Using a LARGE mixing bowl, combine next 8 ingredients mixing well, fold in chicken. Salt is not needed due to chips and soups.
- Add white corn torilla chips and mix coating the chips.
- Lightly grease a 13x9 casserole dish.
- Fold chicken mixture into dish and even out.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Cut smaller portions as the casserole is thick.
- Serve with a green salad or Spanish Rice and Pinto Beans.
- Use the leftover Rotel for the rice or freeze for another recipe.