1/4 Photos of Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Karen From Colorado's Note:
Mild, but very tasty chicken Enchilada dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4-1/2 cup flour (I use 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 12 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1In a large saucepan cook onion and green pepper in the 2 tablespoons of butter until tender.
- 2Combine onion mixture in a bowl with chopped chicken and green chili peppers.
- 3Set aside.
- 4For sauce, in the same pan melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- 5Stir in flour, coriander and salt.
- 6Stir in chicken broth all at once.
- 7Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Stir in sour cream and 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- 10Stir 1/2 cup of the sauce into the chicken mixture.
- 11Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture.
- 12Roll up and arrange in a 13x19x2 baking dish.
- 13Pour remaining sauce over and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 14Bake, uncovered in a 350 oven about 25 minutes or until bubbly.
- 15Can be made ahead of time and frozen. Place a large sheet of heavy duty foil in your baking dish with enough foil over the end to fold up and over the frozen casserole. Make the casserole up until you are ready to bake it. Freeze it solid. Remove frozen casserole from your dish and encase in the excess foil for storage. This frees up the dish for other meals. When you wish to heat it, remove foil from the still frozen casserole, and place back into the dish that you froze it in initially to thaw; bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 748.4
- Calories from Fat 344
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.5 mg
- Sodium 1618.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 32.1 g