Recipe by Scrivener1
I found this in my Pillsbury cookbook. It was originally Turkey Enchilada Bake, but I prefer it with chicken. It is flavorful, but not particularily spicy. If you want to save time, cook and cube or shred your chicken in advance. Also, the original recipe calls for regular sour cream rather than lite.
Top Review by sharonfrat
Thank you for posting this recipe! This has been my sons all time meal! My pillsbury book was missing half the recipe from over 20 years of use. I too prefer to make it with chicken. I use the canned all white chicken breast.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 deg.
- In medium saucepan, melt margarine. Add onion and garlic and sautee until tender.
- Stir in olives, chiles, sour cream, and soup. Mix well.
- Reserve 3/4 cup sauce and set aside.
- Add chicken and cheese. Stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Warm tortillas either in the microwave or in a skillet with a little oil.
- Fill tortillas with approximately 4 oz. chicken filling.
- Fold sides and then top and bottom. Place seam side down in ungreased 13 x 9 baking dish.
- Add reserved sauce and milk to saucepan and mix.
- Spoon over filled tortillas.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- You may top with additional cheese and olives. (I usually don't).