Prep 15 mins
Cook 33 mins
New Mexican green chile enchilada
Make and share this Chicken Enchilada recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups green chili sauce
- cooking spray
- 16 corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine broth, 1 cup onion and next 5 ingredients (through bay leaf) in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan, chill 15 minutes. Reserve broth mixture for another use. Shred chicken into bite sized pieces. Combine chicken, remaining 1/2 cup onion, and sour cream in a bowl. stirring well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread 1/4 cup green chilie sauce in the bottom of each baking dish coated with cooking spray. Warm tortillas; spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. place 8 filled tortillas, seam side down, in each dish; pour 1 1/4 cups of remaining green chilie sauce over tortillas in each dish. bake at 350°F for 18 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Yield 8 servings (2 enchiladas).
Super easy to make and quite satisfying! Not very spicy though, add some serranos or something if you like the heat.