Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Sonoma Diet book. Low calorie and quite tasty.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 ounces pea pods, trimmed
- 1 cup canned artichoke heart, drained and quartered
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- parchment paper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- Cut chicken across into 1/2-inch slices. Combine oil, oregano, thyme, lemon peel and juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Combine asparagus, pea pods, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and parsley in a large bowl and set aside.
- Tear 4 20x2 inch pieces of parchment, fold in half crosswise, crease, open up again, and arrange 1/4 vegetable mixture on paper. Top with 1/4 of chicken and 1/4 of the green onions. Now make into a little package by folding the parchment over so the corners match up and crimping and folding the edges over. Twist corners to secure. Repeat 3 more times so you have 4 packets.
- Place 2 packets on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until chicken is done.