1/3 Photos of Chicken Empanadas
Miss Annie's Note:
Tired of sandwiches for lunch? Try these little pies instead. They freeze well and pack in lunch sacks well. Make them smaller for appetizers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1Mix together first 8 ingredients, and refrigerate until ready to assemble empanadas.
- 2On a floured surface, roll out pie shells and cut into 4-inch circles (use all the pie dough by re-rolling scraps).
- 3Place approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in center of dough circles.
- 4Fold each circle in half and crimp edges with a fork.
- 5Place on a baking sheet and brush tops with egg yolks.
- 6Sprinkle top with mixed salt and chili powder.
- 7Bake 12-13 minutes at 400F degrees.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 9Freezes well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (1053 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.0
- Calories from Fat 191
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.9 mg
- Sodium 2373.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: