Recipe by Miss Annie
Tired of sandwiches for lunch? Try these little pies instead. They freeze well and pack in lunch sacks well. Make them smaller for appetizers.
Top Review by Just Cher
Miss Annie, all I can say if yum!!!! I have been taste testing several appetizers for a shower I am throwing- Tested these on hubby & daughter and the said they were awesome. Really great flavor and very easy. This is truely one of the winners!
- 1 cup cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 can green chili, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together first 8 ingredients, and refrigerate until ready to assemble empanadas.
- On a floured surface, roll out pie shells and cut into 4-inch circles (use all the pie dough by re-rolling scraps).
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture in center of dough circles.
- Fold each circle in half and crimp edges with a fork.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush tops with egg yolks.
- Sprinkle top with mixed salt and chili powder.
- Bake 12-13 minutes at 400F degrees.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Freezes well.