Recipe by Smokem
Got this from the Great Tasting Wraps cookbook. Have made it a few times and made some modifications to the original. Each empanada is pretty big.
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) package Spanish rice mix (made using package directions)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (shredded or chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped black olives
- 1 (3 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) package refrigerated pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- combine rice, chicken, cheese, onions, olives in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Lay out pie crusts on cookie sheets.
- Spoon 1/2 of mixture onto the middle/side of each crust. Stay away from very edges.
- Fold crust over and crimp edges.
- Bake on cookie sheet at 400 degrees F for 20-22 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with choice of salsa, hotsauce, or a dab of sour cream.