This is THE recipe as featured on stltoday.com. I always have to look it up each time, so I am transferring it to this site. It is a chicken breast served in white wine sauce and topped with provel cheese, broccoli and mushrooms
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup softened butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup italian-seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced mushroom (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup broccoli floret (see note)
- 2 tablespoons chopped prosciutto (about 1 slice)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups shredded provolone cheese (8oz divided)
- 11. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 1/4 cup butter; set aside.
- 22. In a bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup butter with flour, using the back of a fork or a pastry blender to mix until creamy.
- 33. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut each piece of chicken in half. Coat chicken with bread crumbs, pressing firmly. Drizzle coated chicken with melted butter; grill or broil for about 5 minutes per side or until fully cooked. Keep chicken warm while you make the sauce.
- 44. In a large ovenproof skillet, bring stock to a boil; whisk in butter-flour mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring, until mixture thickens. Reduce to a simmer. Add mushrooms, broccoli, prosciutto, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and wine. Simmer 5 minutes.
- 55. Place cooked chicken pieces in sauce; sprinkle cheese on top of each chicken piece, dividing evenly. Place in oven and bake just until cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 66. Lift chicken onto plates; use a slotted spoon to ladle vegetables over cheese. Pour sauce over all; serve immediately.
- 7Note: If using fresh broccoli, cut florets and steam or microwave just until crisp-tender. If using frozen broccoli spears or florets, thaw and drain well.
- 8Tester's note: The sauce may be started about 30 minutes ahead. Prepare as directed, but do not add mushrooms and broccoli. Just before serving, add vegetables and simmer until hot, about 7 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Emil from Rich N Charlies
Serving Size: 1 (683 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1472.6
- Calories from Fat 986
- Total Fat 109.5 g
- Saturated Fat 67.6 g
- Cholesterol 347.9 mg
- Sodium 2192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 72.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: