Recipe by Barb Witherspoon
A friend gave this to me. It's named for her friend Elia, who created the recipe. The best part of the chicken is the crispy skin that results from using the honey. If you use skinless chicken breasts, it won't be as good. This really smells good while it's cooking, too. Delicious, quick prep chicken!
Top Review by DinnerDiva in OK
I made this tonight and, I am sorry to say, was very disappointed. The flavor combination did not blend well. The recommended cooking time is way off. As suggested in a previous review, I reduced the cooking time, but not enough. If I were to make it again, I would probably cook it on the grill.
- 4 chicken breast halves, with skin
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 -6 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast on a cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- (You will be sorry if you don't do this; the juices will spill over and will be tough to scrub off.).
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with 1 tsp each of olive oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, rosemary, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Drizzle 1-1 1/2 tsp honey over each piece of chicken.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and marinate for several hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for one hour.