Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From the Weight Watchers message boards.
Make and share this Chicken Elegante recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons margarine (divided)
- 1⁄2 lb fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can low-fat condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon leaf
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp of margarine over medium high heat. Add chicken and brown on both sides. Transfer chicken to baking pan.
- In same skillet, melt 1 more tbsp of margarine and saute mushrooms until tender. Sprinkle flour over mushrooms, and saute until raw, floury taste is gone, about 2 minutes. Stir in condensed soup, broth, milk and tarragon. Season to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and bake uncovered for 50 minutes. Remove chicken from oven and add artichokes and green onions. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until chicken is done.