Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Chicken with cream of mushroom and sour cream sauce baked with dried beef and bacon. My father is a firefighter and brought this one home when I was a child. I have loved it ever since. It is most important that you use FROZEN chicken and not fresh otherwise the dish will not work. This a nice recipe because it is super fast to prepare and then just walk away from until it is done cooking.
- 1 (2 lb) bagfrozen boneless skinless chicken (tenders or breast)
- 1 -16 ounce sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (or 1 family size cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar dried beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon (any type you like)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- -Preheat oven to 375.
- -Mix the Sour Cream with the 2 cans of Cream of mushroom Soup. (add garlic salt and pepper to taste if you like more flavor (I highly recommend it).
- -Line a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with the dried beef. (edges slightly overlapping so that the whole bottom is covered).
- -Place FROZEN chicken on top of the dried beef in baking dish (chicken should not be sitting on top of eachother, just one layer).
- -Pour Sour Cream and Cream of Mushroom mixture over FROZEN chicken so that it covers.
- -Place Four (4) strips of bacon over the top width wise.
- -Put baking dish in 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- -After cooked place on a bed of cooked Egg Noodles and enjoy.
This may have been good if the 1 tablespoon of garlic salt isn't added. But I followed it to the T and was extremely dissapointed. We ended up throwining it in the trash. Between bacon, dried beef and garlic salt....it's overkill.