Recipe by DeLandCowboy
Chicken with cream of mushroom and sour cream sauce baked with dried beef and bacon. My father is a firefighter and brought this one home when I was a child. I have loved it ever since. It is most important that you use FROZEN chicken and not fresh otherwise the dish will not work. This a nice recipe because it is super fast to prepare and then just walk away from until it is done cooking.
Top Review by Browser
This may have been good if the 1 tablespoon of garlic salt isn't added. But I followed it to the T and was extremely dissapointed. We ended up throwining it in the trash. Between bacon, dried beef and garlic salt....it's overkill.
- 1 (2 lb) bagfrozen boneless skinless chicken (tenders or breast)
- 1 -16 ounce sour cream
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup (or 1 family size cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 (4 ounce) jar dried beef
- 1 (16 ounce) package bacon (any type you like)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper (optional)
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- -Preheat oven to 375.
- -Mix the Sour Cream with the 2 cans of Cream of mushroom Soup. (add garlic salt and pepper to taste if you like more flavor (I highly recommend it).
- -Line a 13 x 9 glass baking dish with the dried beef. (edges slightly overlapping so that the whole bottom is covered).
- -Place FROZEN chicken on top of the dried beef in baking dish (chicken should not be sitting on top of eachother, just one layer).
- -Pour Sour Cream and Cream of Mushroom mixture over FROZEN chicken so that it covers.
- -Place Four (4) strips of bacon over the top width wise.
- -Put baking dish in 325 degree oven for 2 hours.
- -After cooked place on a bed of cooked Egg Noodles and enjoy.