Recipe by 66cookin'mamma
I don't remember where I got this recipe but I have been making this for most of my married life. This is my husband's favorite recipe, I think he would eat it almost every day if I made it for him. This recipe lends itself to a rich, hearty soup if you don't want to use the oven. Just put it in a crockpot on low for 4-5 hours and top individual servings with mozerella cheese. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Top Review by beamomma2_5772399
ok so does anyone proof read this stuff.im trying to cook the recipe and it say use remaining olive oil but no where does it ever tell you to use it in the first place then again it says use remaining tomato paste but again no where does it tell you to use it in the first place
trying to make dinner and reading this over and over and i just shake my head does anyone know when these items are use to begin with
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large head of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large eggplant, skinned and chopped
- 3 medium fresh zucchini, sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400. In a shallow baking pan, mix eggplant, zuchinni, and tomatoes drizzle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil. In another baking dish, place chicken breast(you can spray the pan if needed with non-stick cooking spray). Place both pans in the oven and cook for 30-45 minutes until veggies are roasted and chicken is done(no longer pink on inside). In a skillet, heat remaining olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and saute until tender, 5 minutes or so. Then add the garlic and continue to saute for 2 more minutes. Add chicken broth to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, allowing flavors to meld and chicken broth to reduce somewhat, I usually keep mine on the stove for 5-10 minutes. Add tomato paste and spices to chicken broth after reduction. In a large baking dish, ladle 1-2 cups of broth into bottom of pan. Lay cooked chicken breast on top of broth, lay all roasted veggies on top of chicken breast, layer tops of chicken breasts with procuitto, and finally add the remainder of the broth. I put all this back in a 400 oven for 30 minutes and let it all cook together. Then, cover the dish with mozerella cheese and pop back in the oven until cheese melts, 5 minutes or so.
- I have made this with green beans, mushrooms, it really is good, I've never served it and had any complaints. I serve it with angel hair pasta and a crisp green salad. Please let me know if you like this!