Recipe by tamibic
We love this - we used to get it as an appetizer without the chicken in our fav Italian restaurant. Serve with pasta and green salad!
Top Review by Zewbiedoo
This was quick, easy and delicious. I used 2 eggs as 1 was not enough to do all the eggplant and the chicken (I used 2 boneless breasts sliced thin and 1 medium eggplant). I put the cooked pasta in the bottom of a large casserole dish, spooned a little sauce, layered the cooked chicken and eggplant slices, spooned the rest of the sauce and topped with cheese, and put it in the still-warm oven (turned off) to melt the cheese and keep warm. Really good and very filling.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray baking pan with veg. oil.
- Peel and slice eggplant 1/4".
- Combine bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Dip eggplant into egg then crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheet drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the eggplant is cooking make some pasta and cook the cutlets in a skillet w/olive oil. Dip in the egg/crumb mixture. before frying.
- Place cutlets on cooked eggplant, spoon sauce over and top with shredded mozzarella and bake 10 to 15 minutes longer.