Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm placing here for safe keeping. This is a recipe that we got when we lived in Mississippi many years ago. I was in high school and my mother worked with the lady that gave us this recipe. Again, very sweet memories of these egg rolls. I worked at a New Orleans Famous Fried Chicken fast food resturant. (I don't think that chain is still in business). I brought home left over chicken and Mother would make these for us. I found my original recipe card in my little recipe box. It is tattered, stained and yellow. Way back in the ice age, we didn't have slaw in the nice little pre packages, but we do now :) and this would make the preparation even easier. Please try and enjoy this recipe.
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, chopped (or use bagged slaw)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- oil (for frying)
- egg roll wrap
- Cut Chicken into small pieces
- Place chicken in large skillet and stir fry in oil until done.
- (You can also use left over chicken - baked or fried).
- Place cabbage, onions and celery into skillet. Cook until desired doneness. (A little transparent - but not cooked completely down.).
- Sprinkle conrstarch over the mixture and add soy sauce.
- Mix Well.
- LET COOL for 1 HOUR.
- Add bean sprouts.
- Follow directions on wrappers and roll mixture in the wrapper.
- Fry on medium to low in oil.
- Serve with favorite dip.