1/1 Photo of Chicken Egg Roll Enchiladas
1 hr 5 mins
I wanted to make up a batch of something to have something to warm up when I didn't have time to fuss, put some in the freezer and yet have something healthy. Aha I thought, I have some cooked chicken and some egg roll wraps so I came up with this recipe. You can serve them plain, with some Szechuan sauce or even salsa - it's up to you. I loved them plain. They will make great appetizers too. Hope you enjoy them! I said optional to the chillies and hot sauce, but for me the recipe would be bland without, so use as much or as little as you like. Substitute the chicken with seafood roast or whatever leftovers you have. To freeze: Prepare rolls as directed through step 2. Place on a baking sheet, leaving a little space between the rolls. Place in freezer and freeze until firm. Transfer to a large freezer bag. Seal, label and freeze. To serve: Bake rolls from frozen as directed in directions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked chicken (diced or shredded)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 3/4 cup fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup leek, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- 2 chilies, chopped (optional, but I say use them)
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Denzil's Kamakazi) (optional)
- salt & pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 24 egg roll wraps
- 1Mix all the ingredients except egg roll wraps together.
- 2Put 2 to 2 1/2 tbsp of filling in each wrap, fold in the sides and then flip up the top and bottom or do your conventional egg roll fold.
- 3Line a 9x13 oven proof pan with release Foil or lightly spray with oil and place the rolls side by side, single layer.
- 4I managed to get 20 into the dish and then foil wrapped the remaining 4 and put them in the freezer uncooked.
- 5Mist the tops of the egg rolls with oil (I like to use lite olive oil). Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden on top, flip the rolls to brown the bottoms mist the bottoms as well with oil and continue baking for a further 20 minutes (approx).
- 6Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Egg Roll Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (1794 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 274.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g