Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is always a big hit when I make it. Its a little messy when you are grilling, but if you like this type of food its worth it.
- 1 cup chicken, shredded or cut small
- 6 well beaten eggs
- 8 ounces bean sprouts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Heat griddle or pan.
- Beat eggs.
- Add bean spouts,onion,celery,soy sauce.
- Mix together.
- Using 1/4 cup meat-egg mixture for each patty, pour on griddle.
- Shape patties with a pancake turner by pushing egg back into the patties.
- When set and brown on one side, turn to brown the other side.
- Serve with hot rice.
Sounds like a great recipe. I am big E F Yong fan. I find the directions to be ambiguous. "push eggs back into the patty" ? Thanks, will try anyway.
I, personally, do not care for this dish, but my youngest son, who is 41 and is just now learning how to cook, asked me to look on Recipezaar for this recipe. He tried it tonight, and his quote was "I'll never order this again from a 'freakin'' take-out restaurant. It's amazing!" There you go -- if Joe likes it, it has got to be good because he IS fussy. He said he didn't have any chicken, so substituted steak. I can't imagine that, but what the hey - if it works for him, great. Anyway, he asked me to thank you for posting, and he will definitely make this again.