Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful family recipe I got from my Uncle Marcel
- 1 large roasting chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 4 (10 1/2 ounce) cans water
- vegetable oil
- Tony Chachere's Seasoning
- 3 cups rice
- Mix soups & water in large pot and heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, & Tony's.
- In frying pan, lightly sear chicken in oil (do not cook through, just brown outside) then add it to the pot.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat & simmer 1 hour.
- Prepare rice while "soup" is cooking.
- Serve over rice.