Recipe by Gigi
This is a wonderful presentation of chicken breasts topped with mushrooms, bacon and cheese and baked in a honey-mustard sauce. Cook time includes pre-cooking the bacon and sauteeing the chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 skinless boneless chicken tenderloins, pounded to 1/2 inch thickness
- 2 teaspoons lowry season-all seasoning salt
- 6 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the chicken with the seasoned salt, cover and let marinate in fridge while preparing the other ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp; set aside, reserving bacon grease in pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mustard, honey, corn syrup, mayonnaise and dried onion flakes.
- Remove half of sauce, cover and refrigerate to serve later.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and saute in the bacon grease for 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned.
- Remove from skillet and place the chicken into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spread the honey mustard sauce over the chicken, then layer each chicken piece with mushrooms and bacon.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and chicken juices run clear.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with the reserved honey mustard sauce.
- Makes 4 servings.