Recipe by HeliWif
Chicken Dumplings made great and simple! I found this recipe in a Betty Crocker's Cookbook, with variation made to fit my family. I never have left overs when I make this! My guests are always asking for the recipe... it's that great! Happy Cooking!!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope chicken gravy mix
- 3⁄4 teaspoon marjoram or 3⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook chicken until golden brown, stirring frequently.
- Stir in the water, milk, gravy mix (dry), marjoram, salt, and frozen vegetables.
- Heat chicken mixture over high heat until boiling.
- Once boiling, reduce heat until mixture boils gently.
- Meanwhile prepare dumplings.
- Mix according to Bisquick directions.
- Drop dumplings by the spoonful into the chicken mixture.
- Cook uncovered 10 minutes.
- Cook and cover 10 minutes longer.
- (It seems unnatural to not stir the mixture, but I have found that if you stir the mixture the dumplings will be doughy).
- Enjoy-- great accompanying side dishes are cheese grits, applesauce, fried apples, and of course, sweet tea!