Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Kid approved chicken & dumplings made in the crockpot, with easy ingredients to throw into the crockpot in the morning before work. My son says this is as good as his Grandma's, so it must be pretty good! Note: Prep time does not include cooking the chicken...use already prepared chicken.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) soup cans water
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8 count) package refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Mix all ingredients except biscuits in the Crockpot.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and gently stir into mixture.
- Cover; cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
This was amazing, It was the very best Chicken & Dumplings I have ever had. The whole family loved it. After reading all the reviews I decide to double the recipe, so we would have leftovers. I am so glad I did. This was great thank you for sharing. I will surely be making this again, and very soon.
LOVE IT!! My modifications are to add 2 boxes Purdue Grilled chicken strips (comes to about 5c per the package), and to use only 1 cup of water. Then I added 1/2 bag of mixed veggies and some Bouquet Garni. This literally takes 5 minutes to dump everything together after school, then we can all go running to sports, errands and WHATEVER and come home to a yummy dinner. Thanks for sharing!
My kids (15 & 17) circled the crock pot like vultures while waiting for it to finish. We loved it! There is a lot of liquid to this, but I took the top off like someone below recommended for the last 20 min. I used chicken broth as opposed to water & bouillon, & 2 cans of cream of chicken as we're not fans of cream of mushroom. I'm thinking next time I'll limit the broth to 1 and a half cans.