Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
i am not sure where i found it i think it might be racheal rays magazine
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup jarred spanish piquillo peppers or 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, in 2-inch strips
- 6 scallions, 2-inch pieces shredded into thin sticks
- 3 tablespoons torn fresh dill
- in a medium saucepan bring broth to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- in a medium bowl combine chicken, egg, crumbs, nutmeg, paprika, parsley, slat and pepper.
- roll chicken mixture into 1" dumplings.
- add to broth 8 at a time.
- cook dumplings 3-4 minutes without stirring.
- add noodles, peppers, scallions and stir.
- cook till noodles are tender.
- stir in dill.
- season with salt and pepper and serve.