2 hrs 30 mins
Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings, very popular dish served to her family on Sunday's after Church.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook whole chicken for about 1 hour or until tender, covering chicken with water.
- 2Add shredded parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Remove chicken.
- 4Use biscuit dough rolled out and cut into diamond shape or 1½” to 2” squares.
- 5Or you can drop the dumplings made with about a tablespoon of dough into boiling water where chicken has been cooked.
- 6Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 7Add cut up chicken or stuff whole chicken with dressing.
- 8Bake in oven for about one hour at approximately 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 481.1
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 151.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g