Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
Grandma's Chicken & Dumplings, very popular dish served to her family on Sunday's after Church.
Make and share this Chicken & Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- Cook whole chicken for about 1 hour or until tender, covering chicken with water.
- Add shredded parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove chicken.
- Use biscuit dough rolled out and cut into diamond shape or 1½” to 2” squares.
- Or you can drop the dumplings made with about a tablespoon of dough into boiling water where chicken has been cooked.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add cut up chicken or stuff whole chicken with dressing.
- Bake in oven for about one hour at approximately 350 degrees.