Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Warms every part of you great winter soup, you can adjust this recipes in regards to the vegetables
Make and share this Chicken & Dumpling Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 chicken breasts (you can use legs and thighs)
- 1 carrot
- 1 -2 sweet potato
- 4 -6 potatoes
- 1 medium yam
- 1 green bananas
- 1 small medium swede
- 1⁄4 pumpkin
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning
- 2 tablespoons mixed herbs
- 1 -2 pint chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 pinch pepper
- Cut all ingredients fairly large, chicken can be cut into nice size cubes if using chicken with the bone i.e leg or thigh u can leave these whole just season with chicken season add garlic and onions and brown off in a little oil and set aside.
- Bring some water to boil add stock cube.
- While the water is heating up prepare your dumplings you can use a mixer with a dough hook if you like, mix all dry ingredients to pliable dough with the final kneading on a flour top then cover and leave to rest.
- Once stock dissolved and water is boiling add all ingredients reduce the heat to a simmer after about 10 mins and stir.
- while this is simmering make dumplings and pop into soup cover and leave to cook, check the seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Check again after 5-10 mins stir and leave to cook until dumplings are ready.