Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have not tried this soup. I'm posting this for safe keeping. I found this recipe in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2005.
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 10 cups water
- 20 ounces frozen peas and carrots
- 20 ounces white chicken meat, drained, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 5 cups biscuit mix
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
Biscuit Baking Mix
- 9 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups shortening
- In a dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add water. Stir in the vegetables, one can of chicken, bouillon and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley and remaining pepper. Stir in the milk just until moistened. Fold in remaining chicken. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto simmering soup. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover while simmering). Yield 5 quarts.
- Biscuit Baking Mix:.
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer up to 8 months. Yield 12 cups.