Recipe by Suzanne S.
Simple and delicious. My kids loved it because it was plain (read that "no vegetables") but had lots of creamy flavor! Found this recipe at Plain Chicken blog.
- 3 -4 cups cooked chicken (I use a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Melt butter in the microwave and pour into bottom of a 9x13 pan. Shred the chicken and spread it on top of the butter.
- Whisk together the milk and the flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly pour over the chicken. Don't stir.
- Whisk together chicken broth and cream of chicken soup. Pour soup over the flour and milk mixture. Don't stir.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 45 minutes, or until dumplings are golden brown.