Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The secret of this is not to stir anything. That's what makes your dumplings. When you dish it out, you have your dumplings on top. May want to use low sodium granules.
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I use a store bought rotisserie chicken)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (the herbed cream of chicken soup if you can find it)
- 3 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules (I use Wylers)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer 1 - In 9 x 13 casserole dish, melt 1/2 stick of butter. Spread shredded chicken over butter. Sprinkle black pepper and dried sage over this layer. Do not stir.
- Layer 2 - In small bowl, mix milk and Bisquick. Slowly pour all over chicken. Do not stir.
- Layer 3 - In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups of chicken broth, chicken granules and soup. Once blended, slowly pour over the Bisquick layer. Do not Stir.
- Bake casserole for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.