Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Chicken Dumplin' Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons dried basil (2 tsp for separate use)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 2 cups buttermilk biscuit mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add flour, sugar, salt, basil, pepper and broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for one minute; reduce heat.
- Add peas and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in cubed chicken.
- Pour into a greased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine biscuit mix and basil in a bowl. Stir in milk with a fork until moistened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cover and bake 10 minutes more or until dumplings are done.