1/1 Photo of Chicken Drumsticks Pierre
echo echo's Note:
This is a very easy recipe for a chicken dish that will suit people who like their chicken spicy, but not TOO hot. Served on a bed of rice, it is colorful and elegant enough for company. UPDATE: I suggest that you not substitute regular mustard for dry mustard. Regular mustard is made by mixing dry mustard with a substantial amount of vinegar and will completely change the flavor of the dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 8 chicken drumsticks (about 2 lbs)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1Mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- 2Dust the drumsticks with the seasoned flour.
- 3Melt the butter in a skillet with a lid.
- 4Brown the chicken over medium heat on all sides.
- 5Remove the chicken from the pan and drain on absorbent paper.
- 6In the same pan, combine the tomatoes thru hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil.
- 7Reduce the heat and return the chicken to the pan.
- 8Cover and simmer about 45 minutes.
- 9Serve with pan juice.
- 10Good over white or brown rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Drumsticks Pierre
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.3
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 21.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 141.1 mg
- Sodium 1180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 10.4 g
- Protein 30.2 g