Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from my local newspaper. A simple dish that can be paired with either pasta or rice or stand alone to allow the veggies to be the star!
- 1 lb chicken drumstick, skin and fat removed
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (plus 2 more for sautÃ©eing)
- 7 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh lemon
- In a bowl, whisk together 5 tablespoons olive oil, the vinegar, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour over chicken and allow to marinate 10 minutes or so.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet heated over medium heat. Brown chicken on all sides, reduce heat to low and add marinade from step 1. Cover pan and cook until juices run clear, about 15 - 20 minutes, turning at least once. Remove cover and cook until sauce is desired consistency.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over top, stir gently, and serve.
This was a good and simple way to prepare chicken. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I was using a non-stick skillet, so I skipped adding more oil to fry the thighs. Also, I had a guest who can't have lemon so I skipped adding the lemon at the end. I felt the chicken was tart enough without the lemon due to the white wine vinegar. I would make this again. I think I could reduce the olive oil further if using a non-stick skillet. Great recipe, so thanks.