Recipe by Oolala
Found this in San Francisco Encore by the Junior League of San Francisco. It has different sounding ingredients that appeal to me. You need to marinate overnight which is not included in time. I haven't tried it yet.
- 30 chicken wings
- 1 orange, rind of
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a single layer in a pyrex type of dish to marinate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and mix thoroughly,.
- Pour mixture over chicken and coat; let marinate overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake until browned and nicely glazed with the sauce, about 40 minutes.
- Turn the chicken over while baking and brush with the sauce.
- Continue baking another 10 minutes.
- Watch to prevent burning or sticking to pan,.
- Immediately transfer to a serving platter and serve warm or at room temperature.