Prep 5 mins
Cook 21 mins
A very quick and easy recipe to prepare. The ginger/plum sauce gives the chicken a delightful flavor.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs chicken drummettes, with skin
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped shallot (or onion)
- 2⁄3 cup plum sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken drumettes and cook for about 15 minutes until lightly browned all over and cooked through.
- Drain excess oil and discard.
- Leave chicken in frying pan.
- Add chopped garlic, grated ginger, chopped shallots, plum sauce and soy sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and water until smooth.
- Add mixture to pan in small amounts and continue cooking until sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve hot.
- This is also very good re-heated.
- Chicken thighs are excellent in this recipe.
This was absolutely divine. I made the recipe with chicken thighs as I couldn't figure out what drummettes were (drumsticks?). We had it with rice and a stirfry and the whole family adored it. This is most definitely a keeper. Thank you, Uncle Bill, for sharing this receipe with us. I'll definitely be making this again soon.
This chicken dish is packed with flavor and is also quick and easy enough for weeknights. I served with brown basmatic rice and sesame asparagus. I chopped what little leftovers there were to make a quick fried rice the next day, which was also great!